A Taste of Gotthard Panorama Express
3 days / unescorted
Bellinzona - Lucerne
Following the route of the Gotthard Panorama Express, but without the 'strict schedule' you will enjoy an overnight stay in the historic city of Bellinzona - the capital of the canton of Ticino - before boarding a wonderful boat cruise across Lake Lucerne.
- Beautiful lakeside Lucerne
- 2.5 h Lake cruise
- Gotthard tunnel
- Historic Bellinzona with its three UNESCO World Heritage castles
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to Ticino's capital, Bellinzona. A visit to at least one of the three historic castles surrounding Bellinzona is a 'must'. All of them have the UNESCO World Heritage Site label and offer great views across the valley. The closest castle is the 'Castello Grande' which can be reached by lift from the town centre.
||Bellinzona to Lucerne
Board an intercity train that will take you on the Gotthard route through to Flüelen. Enjoy a 2.5 hour cruise on board one of Lake Lucerne's steam or motor ships crossing this conglomeration of four lakes from East to West. Gaze at the amazing scenery all around you from the imposing peaks of the surrounding mountains to lush meadows or forest covered shores. Chose to sit inside or out, order a delicious meal in the onboard restaurant or simply enjoy a coffee from the bistro. Overnight in Lucerne.
Enjoy some great views from the surrounding mountains Rigi, Pilatus or Stanserhorn with your included Swiss Card giving you 50% discount. Rail transfer to Zürich and return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily all year round
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
- From £526 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single room supplement £47 for 2 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
- Please note the Gotthard Panorama Express runs 03 Jul - 15 Sep and at weekends 14 Apr - 23 Oct. Outside these dates enjoy a journey on the same route but on one of the regional trains.
- Returns flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold
luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 2 nights' accomodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Souvenir gift
- Travel Documentation
- Upgrade to 1st class: £54
Please note prices will vary due to the fluctuating exchange rate. The prices quoted here are from prices only.
A transaction fee of 1.6% will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards or direct bank transfers.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.