A Taste of Golden Pass Panoramic
3 days / unescorted
Lucerne - Montreux
Combine the two regions of Central Switzerland and the Lake Geneva Region in one exciting rail holiday on the Golden Pass. Enjoy the leisurely journey past blue lakes and alpine pastures and still have time to explore the pretty lakeside resorts of Lucerne and Montreux.
- Beautiful lakeside Lucerne
- Golden Pass Panoramic
- Montreux on Lake Geneva
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to Lucerne. Explore the historic centre of Lucerne with its beautiful painted facades or take advantage of the included Half Fare Card and opt for a visit to the top of Mount Pilatus or Rigi. Overnight in Lucerne.
||Golden Pass Panoramic
The Golden Pass line is one of the most picturesque in Switzerland. Split into three distinct sections the ever-changing scenery truly reflects Switzerland's diversity. From Lucerne the train passes picturesque villages and lakes before climbing over the Brünig Pass and down to Interlaken Ost. Change here for the train to Zweisimmen which first follows the banks of Lake Thun before heading into the green alpine pastures of the Simmental. Traditional villages, flowering meadows pass by before the train reaches Zweisimmen where passengers need to change to a different gauge train. Through alpine forests and mountain villages the journey continues, passing through a tunnel to emerge in the vineyards of the Lake Geneva Region with beautiful views of the lake. Overnight in Montreux.
Enjoy a trip up to the Rochers-de-Naye with your included Swiss Card, giving you 50% reduction or visit Château de Chillon. Rail transfer to Geneva and return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily all year round
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £425 per adult sharing twin/double standard room
- Single room supplement £65 for 2 nights
- From £510 per adult sharing twin/double superior room
- Single room supplement £140 for 2 nights
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail, Belle Epoque Lunch
- From £825 per adult sharing twin/double deluxe room
- Single room supplement £305 for 2 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
- Returns flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold
luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 2 nights' accomodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Seat reservation on Golden Pass (Zweisimmen-Montreux)
- Souvenir gift
- Travel Documentation
- Upgrade to 1st class: £38 per adult
- VIP Seat Reservation: £13
- Belle Époque Reservation & Lunch: £22
Please note prices will vary due to the fluctuating exchange rate. The prices quoted here are from prices only.
A transaction fee of 1.6% will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards or direct bank transfers.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.