A Taste of Bernina Express
3 days / unescorted
This short holiday will let you experience the full length of the Bernina Express which runs through the ancient landscape of Graubünden making short work of the 55 tunnels, 196 bridges and steep inclines along the way. Special observation cars will let you admire the route as well as the mighty glaciers and viaducts from the comfort of your seat.
- Historic Chur
- Bernina Express
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to Chur. Take advantage of the included Swiss Card and enjoy some excursions in the region. Overnight in Chur.
Board the narrow-gauge Bernina Express at Chur station and enjoy one of the most impressive scenic rail journeys in Switzerland. Climbing over the spectacular Bernina Pass to more than 2,253m (7,391 ft) you pass snow-covered mountain peaks and glaciers to descent towards Poschiavo and Brusio. Once arrived in Tirano (border to Italy) there is about one hour leisure time to explore or for a quick lunch before returning to Chur.
Optional: You can also travel one way by Swiss postal bus via St. Moritz and one way by Bernina Express. Please indicate at time of booking.
Morning at leisure. Explore the historic city centre of Chur. Alternatively return early to Zürich and enjoy a few hours in Switzerland's largest city. Return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
- From £465 per adult sharing twin/double standard room
- Single room supplement £65 for 2 nights
SUPERIOR (SUP) | ***/* Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £599 per adult sharing twin/double superior room
- Single room supplement £41 for 2 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- Returns flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold
luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 2 nights' accomodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Seat reservation on Bernina Express
- Travel Documentation
- Upgrade to 1st class: £51 per adult
Please note prices will vary due to the fluctuating exchange rate. The prices quoted here are from prices only.
A transaction fee of 1.6% will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards or direct bank transfers.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.